[sclug] This is sad a confession

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Fri Apr 6 15:08:22 UTC 2007

ed wrote:

> The last time I did anything remotely audio recoding was to convert a
> tape into a mp3 file for a friend, I can't even remember what I used
> for that.

I've used audacity for that, and I seem to recall noticing that audacity
was being bundled with those record players with USB connections one
sees advertised in colour supplements and catalogues. Presumably means
ther's a windoze port of it (though it would be nice to see "System
requirements: Linux, kernel a.b.c, FreeBSD x.y.z etc" - with no mention
of M$Win or Mac - in the small print for something!).

--
John Stumbles