[sclug] This is sad a confession

ed ed at s5h.net
Fri Apr 6 11:39:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 02:14:50 +0100
"Ms. C. Black" <ycyrffgroupie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi lot of peole would know as Christine.  I came to Linux meetings.
> Tjhank those who have bought me a drink. Booze and computers - what
> can I say! I took a linux suse 10.1 server to bed with me ion
> valetyines day.
>
> I just seen Tux and I bow worship him in front of a windows fan. I
> can't diss MS as I have gotten a lot of freebies from them.

Hi, I was not sure who you were so I took a look at your webpage and
see that you're into music and bands. One thing people who are really
into their music ask me is what is the audio support like on
unix/linux. To be honest I don't use the audio side of things for more
than just listening to music (xmms/bmp) and converting music from those
horrid .wav files into smaller .mp3 files, I can thank the authors of
sox/lame for that.

The last time I did anything remotely audio recoding was to convert a
tape into a mp3 file for a friend, I can't even remember what I used
for that.

What audio programs have you found useful?

--
The cup and string to Toshi Station is screwed because of an errant
well-driller. Verio is blaming George Lucas