[sclug] OT mobile phones

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Mon Dec 17 05:16:26 UTC 2007

ed wrote:
[...]
> How much memory can that address on the SD cards?
>
> (I have a car radio that seems to be capped at 2G cards, with a 4G it
> refuses to make any attempt to read it, or a USB stick of the same size.)

The SD spec maxes out at 2GB. There are some vendor extensions that
allow 4GB, but they're a bit dubious.

There's a *different* spec, SDHC, that allows bigger cards; I've got an
8GB one. It uses the same form factor of device, but it's not
compatible. However, usually SDHC card readers will also read SD cards.

--
David Given
dg at cowlark.com