[sclug] Beagle not indexing email

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Sun Jan 7 11:31:38 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 07:22:09AM +0000, Neil Haughton wrote:
> Is anyone succesfully using beagle? I'm finding that although I have it
> configured to index my home directory and below, my Thunderbird email,
> for example, is not reflected in the search results. It appears not to
> index this (although it apparently should).

hi Neil,

I've used it fairly successfully for some time, although I don't use
Thunderbird for mail, so I usually have that backend disabled.

does 'beagle-info --status' show anything unusual or suspect?

Do the directories under ~/.beagle/Indexes/ThunderbirdIndex look like
they're populated or not?

Optionally, kill the daemon and start in the foreground with just the
Thunderbird backend to see what happens;

beagled --fg --backend Thunderbird

Cheers,
--
Darren Davison