[sclug] Beagle not indexing email

Neil Haughton haughtonomous at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 7 07:22:21 UTC 2007

Is anyone succesfully using beagle? I'm finding that although I have it
configured to index my home directory and below, my Thunderbird email,
for example, is not reflected in the search results. It appears not to
index this (although it apparently should).

So far, as a "desktop search" tool it is next to useless, so I must be
doing something wrong or daft. In Windows land (where I'm forced to go
during the week :-) ) I use Google Desktop which does a similar job, and
that indexes Outlook mail by default.

I'm using Ubuntu 6.06, fully updated, with beagle installed from the
Ubuntu repositories..

Any ideas?

TIA
Neil