[sclug] Flat-screen monitors

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Mon Jan 8 22:28:26 UTC 2007

ed wrote:
[...]
> avoid CRT. TFT is more economic on electricity, gives out less heat,
> gives more desk space.

Er, yes. That's why I said I wanted to buy a flat-screen...!

Anyway, after a long and fruitless trip to PCWorld I have discovered the
following important fact:

- On the PCWorld website, if the price ends in .97, it means it's *out of stock*.

Which means that the nice 19" widescreen monitor for 110 UKP that I found
wasn't available, nor was the other nice 19" widescreen monitor for 120. They
actually start at 170.

So I've bought a 19" HannsG with DVI etc from Dabs instead, at 140 UKP; it has
excellent reviews (and a 700:1 contrast ratio). I'll report back when it arrives.

--
? "USER'S MANUAL VERSION 1.0:  The information presented in this