[sclug] Web log analysis tool?

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Tue Jan 23 00:28:05 UTC 2007

ed wrote:
[...]
> oh, sounds like an interesting project.
>
> how do you define popularity?

Bandwidth. What I want is an early-warning system that tells me if lots of
downloads happen when I'm not expecting it.

Actually, thinking about it, this is probably a fairly simple scripting
project; I can write a little script that parses the logfile at rotate time,
figures out what files were read (and how much was read --- it's all helpfully
in the logfile), divides them up per directory, sorts and collates the result,
and mails it to me. An easy trick for awk or Lua.

I'll consider, and get back to you...

--
? "Est brilgum: toui slimici