[sclug] cron expression

Simon Champion simon at spudley.com
Tue Jan 23 11:50:21 UTC 2007

Hia,

As far as I know, what you're asking is not directly possible.

However, you might want to look at www.gnu.org/software/mcron/
mcron is a compatible replacement for cron, which allows a lot more flexibility with specifying when jobs should be run. This includes stuff like being able to specify the penultimate day of the month.

So if you're prepared to replace your cron program, this might be an answer for you.

Hope that helps.  :-)

   Simon C.