[sclug] Web log analysis tool?

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Tue Jan 23 17:19:18 UTC 2007

Graham wrote:
[...]
> Can I recommend 'xdu' (a very old X11 program).

Yes, extremely neat. Thanks.

Oh, yes, further developments on the people-leeching-my-bandwidth saga:
looking at some of the referral URLs in the log reveals such sites as
dizzler.com and idv8media.com, both of which have (very similar) flash-based
music players rather like Pandora. Unlike Pandora, these people are too cheap
to supply their own bandwidth for music streaming, and instead use mine.

Yup, that's right, they've spidered the net looking for random mp3s which they
then index and serve up in their music player.

I use lighttpd. It's amazing what you can do with mod_rewrite.

--
?