[sclug] Help! wireless with Ubuntu 8.04

Pete hallpeter at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 09:45:11 UTC 2008

--- Neil Haughton <haughtonomous at googlemail.com>
wrote:
> I don't
> see the wisdom in including a beta browser in 8.04,
> which however stable
> it is sends a strange message to business users. No
> IT manager in his
> right mind is going to deploy a distro containing
> betas - first glitch
> and he will have some awkward explaining to do.
> I think I'm going to revert to Feisty myself. Maybe
> in time Hardy'll get
> sorted out, but  right now it seems to have been an
> upgrade too far.

This thought occurred to me last night - when a major
security issue is found in the stable release of
Firefox, the Mozilla devs are normally quite good at
getting a point release out within a few days. If a
major security issue was found in 3.0b5, would they
release a fix for it as soon as possible, or would
they just wait until the next scheduled release
(which, in this case, would be RC1)?

Pete