[sclug] Help! wireless with Ubuntu 8.04

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 10:52:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008, Pete wrote:

> This thought occurred to me last night - when a major
> security issue is found in the stable release of
> Firefox, the Mozilla devs are normally quite good at
> getting a point release out within a few days. If a
> major security issue was found in 3.0b5, would they
> release a fix for it as soon as possible, or would
> they just wait until the next scheduled release
> (which, in this case, would be RC1)?

I would hope that the fix would go into the CVS/SVN/Mercurial/whatever
repository straight away, and that the Ubuntu folks would backport it to the
version they ship. If they don't, that's pretty irresponsible, IMHO.

> Pete

Best Regards,
Alex.
--
Alex Butcher, Bristol UK.                           PGP/GnuPG ID:0x5010dbff

"[T]he whole point about the reason why I think it is important we go for
identity cards and an identity database today is that identity fraud and
abuse is a major, major problem. Now the civil liberties aspect of it, look
it is a view, I don't personally think it matters very much."
  - Tony Blair, 6 June 2006 <http://www.number-10.gov.uk/output/Page9566.asp>