[sclug] Simple WYSIWYG HTML editor?

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Mar 3 16:15:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 04:02:09PM +0000, David Given wrote:
> And if anyone can come up with a way of using CSS to say 'I want this
> column to be wide enough to contain this string without wrapping it, but
> no wider', or 'I want this box to be the same size as that box', I will
> be a happy man.

Isn't that what tables are for? :)

I do think the CSS fanboys were wrong with all the "tables are evil"
rhetoric.  The elastic boxes that tables provide that you control well
are really useful.

Thankfully I'm not a webdesigner though.

Simon.

--
oOoOo   "Abandon shop! Abandon shop! This is not a daffodil!" -    oOoOo
 oOoOo                           Holly                            oOoOo