[sclug] Simple WYSIWYG HTML editor?

Adam Trickett adam.trickett at iredale.net
Mon Mar 3 16:12:58 UTC 2008

On Monday 03 Mar 2008, David Given wrote:
> Adam Trickett wrote:
>
> And if anyone can come up with a way of using CSS to say 'I want this
> column to be wide enough to contain this string without wrapping it, but
> no wider', or 'I want this box to be the same size as that box', I will
> be a happy man.

Simple clean xhtml and css can do fantastic things, but if you want DTP
perfect pages you should make them in a decent DTP tool and save them as
PDFs. The web isn't a DTP technology and if you try to make it what it's not
you are in for a rough ride.

I don't claim to be a xhtml/css wizard but if you have a look at CSS Zen
Garden it does prove that fantastic things are possible.

I still stand by my comments that you can't use a WYSIWYG tool and expect
decent pages, they will be okay, but never better.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.
	-- anon