[sclug] Simple WYSIWYG HTML editor?

Sean Furey sean-lists-sclug at furey.me.uk
Mon Mar 3 19:44:45 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 04:21:37PM +0000, Adam Trickett wrote:
> Actually modern xhtml is very simple, most of the nasty things added to html
> have been removed/depractaed and the xml rules make xhtml easier to work with
> as there are no ambiguities anymore. If you could do good html from 2.0 era
> then you probably know enough html, all the fancy stuff is in the css and the
> scripting.

Hang on...  You're advocating "good" HTML/XHTML, and including
Javascript/ECMAScript/whatever-it's-called-today in that?

/me runs off screaming

Ok, there are occasions where Javascript has been used to good effect
(google maps springs to mind).  But those aren't webpages, they're in
web *applications*.  Damn those who stop me living in a world with
Javascript turned off.  Or images turned off.  Or, most heinously, with
the font size bumped up.  There's a special level of damnation for this
last group.

Sean