[sclug] Mail to reply always goes wrong on sclug

ed ed at s5h.net
Tue Mar 18 19:08:15 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:09:27 +0000
"M.Blackmore" <mblackmore at oxlug.org> wrote:

> I've checked all the other LUGs and they all include a "reply to"
> field in their headers, which dispenses with the problem, evidently.
>
> Could sclug change to having the same format then stuff won't be going
> "astray" all the time?

Here's a snippet from a recent discussion:

--[snip]--
On Sun, 2008-03-16 at 09:38 +0000, Simon Huggins wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 08:09:59PM +0000, ed wrote:
> > So I've added something to my .qmail file so this shouldn't happen
> > again. If you're using a qmail then just add a reply-to header to
> > the mail if you get a Sender: sclug-bounces at sclug.org.uk header.
>
> Tom created a separate list that sclug is gated too called
> sclugr at sclug.org.uk which gets all the sclug posts and munges the
> Reply-To to be sclug at sclug.org.uk so you can just send a mail to:
> 	sclugr-request at sclug.org.uk with a subject of subscribe
> to get this behaviour.
>
> You still need to be subscribed to this list (to post to it) but you
> can set your subscription to this one to be nomail.

No. You don't need to be on the sclug list *and* the sclugr list I put a
script in place that should take care of that.

If that's not working can you let me know.

Tom.
--[snip]--

Personally, I'm still using my patch as it's working and I don't really
have time to faff around with the subscriptions. It'd be great if the
default was to include a Reply-To, I'm not sure what the reasons are
for it's omission - better off following that up with Tom.

--
The 14.4 dialup to the Televison set is fscking because of binary
language of moisture vaporators. AOL is playing NFL 2k2.