[sclug] Mail to reply always goes wrong on sclug

Tom Dawes-Gamble tmdg at weardale.cl
Tue Mar 18 20:56:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 19:59 +0000, ed wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:40:20 +0000
> Tom Dawes-Gamble <tmdg at weardale.cl> wrote:

> > If 50% of the members subscribe to sclugr to have Reply-To: set  I
> > gladly change the list configuration such that the sclug list does
> > have Reply-To set.  I then create a new list sclugn that will strip
> > out the Reply-To: line.
> >
> > Tom.
>
> It's likely that 50% will move lists, that should be set somewhere more
> around 10%, really.

I think you meant "unlikely"  and I tend to agree.  :-)

10% needs 17 people to switch.

I also think your right when you say

> I've been subscribed for a year or two and this is
> the first I've seen about the list. I'd be surprised if 5 people switch
> lists, I could be wrong, but that's probably how much people care.

Personally I get fed up with the arguments and holy wars that can
develop about whether Reply-To: should be set or not.  Hence I created
what I hope is an acceptable solution.

IMVHO.  it should be an option in the list manager but i'm not not ing
to argue the point with the developers.

As part of the maintenance I'm doing on the server and list I will
create the sclugn list too.

Just make sure everyone understands.  Simon is the list/site admin.  But
it all runs on my server.  Since I took it on myself to create the
sclugr and to be sclugn I'll admin those lists.

Regards,
Tom.