[sclug] Mail to reply always goes wrong on sclug

ed ed at s5h.net
Tue Mar 18 19:59:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:40:20 +0000
Tom Dawes-Gamble <tmdg at weardale.cl> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 17:30 +0000, M.Blackmore wrote:
> > What's with it with sclug? Unlike every other LUG mailing list I've
> > ever come across, if one fails to do a reply to all or edit by hand
> > the to field, then a message only gets sent to the original "from"
> > sender and not the list?
> >
> > Evolution under ubuntu 7.10.
>
> I don't know about "Evolution under ubuntu 7.10."  But I use evolution
> 2.12.3 on FC8".
>
> If you go Message -> Reply to List   or Ctrl+l  You will reply to the
> list.
>
> If you want the Reply-To: set so that you can just hit Reply then
> subscribe to the sclugr list.
>
> On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 18:09 +0000, M.Blackmore wrote:
> > I've checked all the other LUGs and they all include a "reply to"
> > field in their headers, which dispenses with the problem, evidently.
> >
> > Could sclug change to having the same format then stuff won't be
> > going "astray" all the time?
>
> No need just use the sclugr list.
>
> If 50% of the members subscribe to sclugr to have Reply-To: set  I
> gladly change the list configuration such that the sclug list does
> have Reply-To set.  I then create a new list sclugn that will strip
> out the Reply-To: line.
>
> Tom.

It's likely that 50% will move lists, that should be set somewhere more
around 10%, really. I've been subscribed for a year or two and this is
the first I've seen about the list. I'd be surprised if 5 people switch
lists, I could be wrong, but that's probably how much people care. It's
not like this is a high volume list, but I gotta say, a lot of my posts
went astray through missing header.

--
The 28.8 frame relay to Qwicky Mart is sending all zeros because of
Some newbie fatfingering their password. GST is quitting.