[sclug] Free computer

David Given dg at cowlark.com
Mon Mar 24 17:24:06 UTC 2008

Dickon Hood wrote:
[...]
> Delete-poweron.  It'll clear the CMOS.

Yes, that did it; it now boots happily. Although RiscOS at 640x480x8 on
my 19" flatscreen looks... kinda depressing, really.

But it does all work. I spent some time poking around at the
half-finished Basic projects of mine and all the old Archimedes-era
games that won't run on it (my old A3000, long gone now, is *two*
generations of obsolete); it all runs quite happily. RiscOS 3.7, the
Linux boot loader, and a copy of !PCEmulator, so you can take your pick
of operating systems...

--
? "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my