[sclug] udev inconsistency

Darren Davison darren at davisononline.org
Sat Feb 28 10:39:55 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 08:17:41AM +0000, Simon Huggins wrote:
> * udev tells hal

ok, looks like udev is doing the right thing and HAL was at fault then.
A 'ps -ef|grep hal' showed a few processes, including this one:

root      6070     1  0 Feb21 ?        00:01:44 hald-addon-storage: no
polling because /dev/scd0 is locked via HAL

I stopped the hal daemon (had to manually kill most of its processes
though) and restarted it.  Then it showed;

root      5178  5078  0 10:24 ?        00:00:00 hald-addon-storage:
polling /dev/scd0 (every 2 sec)

Now when I plug in, the device is mounted, I get a desktop icon and a
file manager window as before.  However, as I'm quite sure the old
behaviour has already persisted across several reboots, it will be
interesting to see what happens at the next boot time.

Thanks for the pointers.. useful :)

--
Darren Davison
Public Key: 0xE855B3EA