[sclug] OT: Social question

Bob Dunlop bob.dunlop at xyzzy.org.uk
Fri May 29 23:38:30 UTC 2009

Hi all,

On Fri, May 29 at 06:38, ed wrote:
> Is this something that other computer professionals find to be
> problematic given the nature of IT work?

Been happily married for 25+ years now so my Internet dating experience
has been quite limited. alt.com, informedconsent.co.uk and a bit of
flurting on flickr.

As some may spot from the first two in that list I enjoy a little bit
of BDSM, along with my wife I hasten to add.  Something that has amazed
us is the number of IT professionals that are into the same thing.  A
show of hands at a recent munch had 80% of those present working in IT.

A munch is a pub meet of pervs interested in BDSM (but we ain't fussy)
and the Reading munch is 24 hours after and about 100m down the road from
the regular SCLUG meeting.

So maybe it's one of those times when meeting people in the real world
has it advantages.

You've just missed the Berkshire Doms and Subs Munch at the Cunning Man
in Burghfield and tomorrows (actually todays now I look) Farnborough
munch in Fleet will be too short notice.

Get out there, not everything will come to a screen in front of you.
Talk to people, you'll be amazed.
--
        Bob Dunlop