[sclug] OS crash whne using flash on full screen mode

Olivier Lauret olivier.lauret at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 13 07:17:28 UTC 2010

Hello,

Indeed, there is a 'intel_drv.so' in the /var/log/Xorg.0.log. In the package
manager, I can see only 'xserver-xorg-intel' (latest version - 2:2.9.1-3ubuntu5
<https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/2:2.9.1-3ubuntu5>)
but no 'xserver-xorg-drv-intel'. I don't know from which package this
'intel_drv.so' is coming from.

Regarding the type of crash, it is a hard crash as if you take the plug of
the socket or you pressed the off button. Could it be related to the CPU
which is over heating? As well, the crash doesn't happen all the time is
cannot be reproduced all the time with the same flash video. At the moment,
it happens only when viewing a flash video on full screen mode.

Could not identify the issue with the links Alex mentioned, but this is
probably because I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Output of "grep Loading /var/log/Xorg.0.log":

(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libextmod.so
(II) Loading extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
(II) Loading extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DGA
(II) Loading extension DPMS
(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
(II) Loading extension X-Resource
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdbe.so
(II) Loading extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
(II) Loading extension GLX
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/librecord.so
(II) Loading extension RECORD
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri.so
(II) Loading extension XFree86-DRI
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libdri2.so
(II) Loading extension DRI2
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
(II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/linux/libfbdevhw.so
(II) Loading sub module "fb"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/synaptics_drv.so

Thank you again for all.

Regards,
Olivier