[sclug] Ubuntu 10.10

Juan J. Martínez reidrac at usebox.net
Thu Oct 14 07:57:09 UTC 2010

El jue, 14-10-2010 a las 08:57 +0100, Ian Park escribi?:
> [...]
> >
> On trying UNE Maverick a bit more, I was seriously disappointed. The
> only thing in favour of it is that the wireless networking works, but
> it's *abominably* slow. I also found the user interface difficult to get
> to grips with - it's quite a major change from Lucid. My Aspire One is
> now back with Lucid - and it wasn't *that* difficult to get the WiFi
> working with the aid of MadWifi...
>
> Ian

Have you tried the normal desktop instead the UNE interface?

When you login on GDM, after choosing you user you can specify the
session type (UNE, UNE safe mode, etc). Just start a session in a normal
Gnome desktop.

It won't solve your speed problem, but at least you can get rid of the
unity interface (if you don't like it!).

Cheers,

Juanjo

--
jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/