[sclug] Ubuntu 10.10

Ian Park i.d.c.park at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 14 08:17:42 UTC 2010

On 14/10/10 08:57, Juan J. Mart?nez wrote:

> Have you tried the normal desktop instead the UNE interface?
>
> When you login on GDM, after choosing you user you can specify the
> session type (UNE, UNE safe mode, etc). Just start a session in a normal
> Gnome desktop.
>
> It won't solve your speed problem, but at least you can get rid of the
> unity interface (if you don't like it!).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Juanjo

Thanks for the tip, Juanjo - it hadn't occurred to me to use the normal
desktop. However, as you point out, that wouldn't make my Aspire One any
more responsive, and it was *definitely* a lot slower than with Lucid.
Now that I'm back on the air(!) with Lucid, I'm reluctant to spend
another few hours re-installing Maverick.

Ian
--
Ian Park
17 Pyle Hill