[sclug] Survey

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Wed Jun 22 19:10:08 UTC 2011

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 07:22:57 +0000, krishnabirth at gmail.com said:

> 1.  What tool is best for a non-techie to build linux distro?

I suspect I'm merely feeding the troll; however... Outside of
experimentation and possibly personal use, I don't believe a non-techie
could build a viable Linux distro.

> 2.  Could the other distros logos / firmware gui be changed on them?

I've been fooling people about my IT knowledge since before Pontius had
his first flying lesson, and I don't recall ever seeing a "firmware gui".

> 3.  From susestudio, remastersys and revisor which is best for
> non-techie?

You've listed three tools. Just try them, then you'll know.

> 12.  Do any offer paid options where their team creates the distro for
> you for a fixed fee?

You are kidding, right?
--
"You can have everything in life you want if you help enough other people
get what they want" - Zig Ziglar.

Who did you help today?