[sclug] Recommendations for an IAP

Matt Dainty matt at bodgit-n-scarper.com
Sat Apr 21 10:16:15 UTC 2012

* Alex Butcher <lug at assursys.co.uk> [2012-04-20 14:56:42]:
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2012, Neil Brown wrote:
>
> >I wonder if anyone here can recommend a decent access provider, who can
> >provide in the Newbury area.  I don't believe that my street has either
> >cable or fibre, so I think I'm limited to DSL.
>
> I've been using Eclipse for 10 years now. They aren't the cheapest, but I
> rarely have problems, and when I do, they're usually down to BT (or, at
> least, Eclipse /say/ they are...)

+1 for Eclipse, I've been with them for about the same length of time I
think. Again not the cheapest, but I'm reluctant to move when I've had
almost no problems with them.

Obviously depends where you are in Newbury, but I've got the full FTTC
40/10 Mbps (I think the engineer said I was #4 in the area :-) so worth
confirming with one of the "How large a tube can I get?" web forms most
ISP's have on their websites.

Matt
--
"I never deal with the common man. The common man has no spirituality.
The common man thinks that Ganesha is Dennis the Menace's dog."