[sclug] Fwd: Pi has arrived!

Mark Robson markxr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 12:31:15 UTC 2012

Hi

Mine arrived with 512M ram last month after about 3 weeks. I've been
using it as a traffic monitoring system using sound and camera sensors
(usb microphone; old digital camera).

Working just fine.

My advice is - get a decent power supply, and don't plug anything
which uses lots of power directly into the Pi. I used a Samsung phone
charger, its 5v is absolutely spot on with the pi running according to
my voltmeter.

Powering it off a USB hub doesn't work too well, as most USB leads
have too much resistance so the Pi gets ~ 4v in my experience.

Mark