[sclug] Squid Webproxy - partial page loads

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Nov 26 14:55:05 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 01:02:34PM +0000, Dickon Hood wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 12:47:16 +0000, Adam Thompson wrote:
> : I have a Squid 3.1.10 proxy, which for the mostpart works fine.
> That'll be your problem.  Squid 3 is a rewrite from C to C++, and has had
> many issues with it.  I'd recommend dropping back to 2.7 unless you
> really, really need 3's features.

That sounds a little bit like FUD.  What doesn't work in 3?
Do they do security fixes for 2.7?

3.1.10 is quite old on the other hand.

Also, whenever I hear blah, blah virtual machine blah, blah network
partially works I think MTU but YMMV.

tcpdumping as suggested elsewhere is the way to be sure.

--
----------(     "Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun..."     )----------
Simon ----(                                                  )---- Nomis