[sclug] Squid Webproxy - partial page loads

Dickon Hood dickon-ml at fluff.org
Mon Nov 26 14:59:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 14:55:05 +0000, Simon Huggins wrote:
: On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 01:02:34PM +0000, Dickon Hood wrote:
: > On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 12:47:16 +0000, Adam Thompson wrote:
: > : I have a Squid 3.1.10 proxy, which for the mostpart works fine.
: > That'll be your problem.  Squid 3 is a rewrite from C to C++, and has had
: > many issues with it.  I'd recommend dropping back to 2.7 unless you
: > really, really need 3's features.

: That sounds a little bit like FUD.  What doesn't work in 3?

Dunno.  Ask Declan in the pub tomorrow, but be prepared for a long rant.

: Do they do security fixes for 2.7?

Pass.  It's in one of the Debians, so I imagine someone is.

: 3.1.10 is quite old on the other hand.

: Also, whenever I hear blah, blah virtual machine blah, blah network
: partially works I think MTU but YMMV.

: tcpdumping as suggested elsewhere is the way to be sure.

Good point.

Dickon Hood
--
Due to the release of iOS 6 Maps, my .signature is temporarily lost.  Normal
service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the

This email was sent from a colocated server, and needs no excuses.