[sclug] TOR

Luke Hinds lukehinds at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:47:26 UTC 2012

It was developed by the US Navy, so if anyone would know how to find a
backdoor, it would be someone in that area. But that is just pure
speculation on my point, don't add any weight to that as its not fact.

>From what I know of tor its very good for masking the user visiting sites
(as you relay through the tor network), but its not so good for protecting
the data itself. So If its important to also protect the data then PGP is
better candidate.

Its other use is browsing non ICANN registered .onion domains. aka darknet.
That is some pretty messed up shit on there though, so I don't endorse a
lunctime browse at its offerings.