[sclug] Potential in-bound routing failure on BT: any thoughts welcomed

Dickon Hood dickon-ml at fluff.org
Wed Apr 10 13:10:45 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 21:15:43 +0100, Darren Davison wrote:
: On Sun, Apr 07, 2013 at 09:30:33PM +0100, Dickon Hood wrote:
: > A&A are recommended, but their pricing isn't what you'd call transparent.
: > OTOH, they do IPv6.

: in what way are they not transparent?  I've been with them for about 6 years
: and never had any difficulty understanding what I pay for.

: http://www.aa.net.uk/broadband-prices.html

: Simples tchk tchk :)

You have to know your line type (LLU or not; which specific flavour of
BT), then pluck a number out of the air for daytime usage, and another for
off-peak, then add an install charge, and try and work out what units are
and how they correspond to things.

It's hardly user-friendly.

Dickon Hood
--
Due to the release of iOS 6 Maps, my .signature is temporarily lost.  Normal
service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the

This email was sent from a colocated server, and needs no excuses.