[sclug] On ultra cheap machines

Liam Flanagan liamflan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 18:42:40 UTC 2013

I got my Mum one of
these<http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zotac-ZBOX-AD02-B-ZBOX-AD02-Mini/dp/B004TS2MHI/ref=sr_1_23?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1336078801&sr=1-23>
about
a year ago, maxed out the ram and stuck in a 60GB SSD. It runs Ubuntu
flawlessly and the vesa mount to the back of her monitor was a nice touch.

I know that particular model is out of stock but there are plenty of
current models out now at similar prices.

That said, it *definitely* doesn't beat free / the cost of a beer.

Liam