[sclug] High Wycombe LUG meet

Gareth France gareth.france at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 20:23:54 UTC 2013

On 03/08/13 20:12, Jonathan Steel wrote:
> On Sat 03 Aug 2013 at 17:09, Gareth France wrote:
>> Hi everyone, I know I've spoken about this before and received mixed
>> results but I really would like to give it a try.
>>
>> I have had to miss quite a few of the LUG meets recently because
>> Reading is just too far and I think Wycombe is in a bit of a dead
>> spot with LUG meets all around but at a distance. I know I'm not the
>> only person who travels to get to the Reading meet.
>>
>> I love the way things are done, casual and social, but I'd like to
>> do something a bit different in Wycombe so as not to tread on any
>> toes. Perhaps some focus on attracting newbies, supporting them and
>> allowing them to try things out. I'd like it to be more hands on.
>>
>> I'm thinking of the first week of the month on a Tuesday or
>> Wednesday. If I arranged this perhaps to start next month how many
>> of you (if any) would be interested in coming along?
>>
>> Thanks
> Hi Gareth,
>
> You kindly gave me a lift to the Reading LUG some time ago from Wycombe, and
> mainly due to the distance I haven't bothered to make my way over since... not
> that I wouldn't go again, but if you start one in Wycombe I'll be much more
> likely to pop in when I can.
>
> I would be much more up for actually doing something over a chat which can go
> off-topic.

I find it rather disappointing that I've only had one reply to this.
Firstly I would hope for some sort of constructive comments from
everyone whether they would attend or not. But secondly the fact only
one other person in the Wycombe area is even paying attention to this
list really does show there is a need for it in this area.

Could I please have some sort of feedback on how I go about setting up a
meet with only 1 other confirmed attendee. I know it would work great
once it's going, I just have a fear that the first meet could well end
up being just me!