[sclug] High Wycombe LUG meet

Jonathan Steel mail at jsteel.org
Sat Aug 3 19:12:11 UTC 2013

On Sat 03 Aug 2013 at 17:09, Gareth France wrote:
> Hi everyone, I know I've spoken about this before and received mixed
> results but I really would like to give it a try.
>
> I have had to miss quite a few of the LUG meets recently because
> Reading is just too far and I think Wycombe is in a bit of a dead
> spot with LUG meets all around but at a distance. I know I'm not the
> only person who travels to get to the Reading meet.
>
> I love the way things are done, casual and social, but I'd like to
> do something a bit different in Wycombe so as not to tread on any
> toes. Perhaps some focus on attracting newbies, supporting them and
> allowing them to try things out. I'd like it to be more hands on.
>
> I'm thinking of the first week of the month on a Tuesday or
> Wednesday. If I arranged this perhaps to start next month how many
> of you (if any) would be interested in coming along?
>
> Thanks

Hi Gareth,

You kindly gave me a lift to the Reading LUG some time ago from Wycombe, and
mainly due to the distance I haven't bothered to make my way over since... not
that I wouldn't go again, but if you start one in Wycombe I'll be much more
likely to pop in when I can.

I would be much more up for actually doing something over a chat which can go
off-topic.

--
Jonathan Steel