[sclug] High Wycombe LUG meet

Dickon Hood dickon-ml at fluff.org
Mon Aug 5 22:51:47 UTC 2013

On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 23:35:02 +0100, Gareth France wrote:
: On 05/08/13 23:16, Dickon Hood wrote:
: >I've always thought that the problem with (possibly just this end of?) the
: >Thames Valley is that too many of us do this sort of thing as the day job,
: >which somewhat restricts the number of people who want to do something
: >more useful in the evenings.  I freely admit to being one of them: I get
: >paid to do this as the dayjob, and evenings are relaxation with friends.
: That's perfectly understandable and I'm in the fortunate position of
: being someone who should be doing this as a day job but the world
: had other ideas! Really what I'm proposing isn't for the career
: people is it? It's for those who aren't in the know or those who
: have the enthusiasm but just need a few pointers. Those who do it
: for a job can come along for the drink and the chat.

I like to think that's what we do in the Back of Beyond each month;
certainly those who ask for and need help tend to receive *some* pointers,
albeit not much of a hands-on session unless they happen to bring a laptop
they want looking at.  And if someone's in the mood to look at it.

We've had a few from HW turn up over the years, and as I said, it's bind
getting to Reading from there.  Aside from campaigning for better public
transport links, there isn't a lot any of us can do, I think.

Good luck.  I hope you can create something worthwhile.  Shout if you need
something.  You never know.

Dickon Hood
--
Due to the release of iOS 6 Maps, my .signature is temporarily lost.  Normal
service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the

This email was sent from a colocated server, and needs no excuses.