[sclug] Tvheadend - XMLTV and commercial skipping

Alex Butcher lug at assursys.co.uk
Thu Oct 17 13:32:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013, Robin Smith wrote:

> Is anyone using Tvheadend?

No, but I've been using MythTV continuously for several years.

> And have any links to setting up the EPG using XMLTV - the inband EPG's are
> not great for series link and other features

JFW with MythTV. Configure your xmltv file and off you go. What, precisely,
are you having trouble with? tvheadend's integration with xmltv, or xmltv
itself?

> Also any pointers on commercial skipping?

Use average amplitude. Ad breaks have heavily compressed dynamic range and
are seperated from the programme by a short gap.

<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythcommflag-wrapper>

> Cheers
> Robin.

HTH,