[sclug] Tvheadend - XMLTV and commercial skipping

Dickon Hood dickon-ml at fluff.org
Thu Oct 17 17:06:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 14:03:55 +0100, Robin Smith wrote:
: Is anyone using Tvheadend?

Yes.  It's very good.

: And have any links to setting up the EPG using XMLTV - the inband EPG's are
: not great for series link and other features

I use the Freeview EPG, and it seems to handle series linking fine with
that.  Most XMLTV providers basically just repackage that anyway for
Freeview and Freesat.

: Also any pointers on commercial skipping?

I do that client-side.

Dickon Hood
--
Due to the release of iOS 6 Maps, my .signature is temporarily lost.  Normal
service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the

This email was sent from a colocated server, and needs no excuses.