[Sussex] Salutations!

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Sun Apr 20 22:24:01 UTC 2003

> Zoe Ball.... /me wonder's what he's got himself into <big grin>
>
> Easebourne, just a small quiet village outside of Midhurst. Not sure
> about  the transmitter, I suppose your never far away from one. I'm
> fairly certain  theres one on whip hill which is near here.

Yeah, bung Easebourne (which is in West Sussex) in www.multimap.com, and
you'll find it easy enough. Not to be confused with Eastbourne, which has
Beachy Head and is in East Sussex.

> As for Debian, I've considered using it a few times. I might try it some
>  time when time permits. More unlikely now because the one feature i
> really  wanted from Debian that Slackware didnt posess was the package
> management,  but now I've found Swaret which is great for upgrading.

Yeah the big thing that Slackware lacked was something to grab updated
packages off the net, and install them. I seem to remember that Swaret
uses pkgtool to do the local stuff, so its just using the local package
management tools.

I've had some problems with Swaret, as it doesn't agree with me using
Slackware-current, which is mainly stable but has the latest packages of
everything.

--
John