[Sussex] Asterisk

Simon Chappell s.chappell at isnsuk.com
Fri Feb 27 12:30:46 UTC 2004

Hey all

Don't know if any of you have had any experience with Asterisk..?
(No not the little cartoon character with a fat friend from Gaul)
We decided that as all our staff work from home we would get some sip
phones. We plugged them in and set them up to connect to FWD and it sort
of worked. However we needed something a littel more reliable so I
installed my own sip server at the office.
took all of 5 mins to download it and make:make install (Shortly
afterwards I found I could have typed emerge asterisk)
A few hours of ponsing about with config files and we found a site that
had a setup guide for a basic setup.
With a bit tweaking 5 minutes later we where phoning each other over IP
and down VPNS .... Leaving Ansaphone messages and collecting them via
email..
I am now ordering the PCI card to interface to analogue phone lines..
by the way the config was only 3 text files which I am happy to share if
any one wants a kickstart. and we are using grandstream phones and also
a software phone.

anyway worth a mention i thought

--
Kind Regards