[Sussex] More gentoo problems!!!

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Feb 28 17:11:58 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Adam" <thomas_adam16 at yahoo.com>
To: "LUG email list for the Sussex Counties" <sussex at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 3:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Sussex] More gentoo problems!!!

> You were playing with it, and it broke. As long as you weren't root at the
> time, you weren't to blame ;)
Ah, but I was :( and as I knew that to get back to where I was, it meant
"re-install" (well until I know better)

> What this is saying is that you want to link againstthe QT libs (which is
> what KDE is built upon), and gtk where applicable.

This is what I don't understand, because I thought it was telling the system
to use the qtlibs and kde, while also saying dont use gnome or gtk, hence
the -gtk - gnome bit.

> No, these are compile time directives only.

Bugger, that means I'll have to google for compile time directives :(

Thanks anyway Thomas - I knew it was too good to be true, and find something
"that" straight forward!

regards

John D.