[Sussex] RE: Copywrite and the Old Woman ...

Steve Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 14 10:33:34 UTC 2005

John,

When I was considering a portable player, my choice boiled down to the
Karma and the iRiver IHp-140. I was all set to plump for the Karma, but
then I read bad reports about its unreliability, poor bios and
exruciatingly slow network performance. It may be different now, though.

In the end I plumped for the iRiver IHp-140 and have not been remotely
disappointed. It's got fantastic sound quality, particularly with earbud
style phones, Ogg support etc. It only lacks the ethernet support, but
it does appear as a USB mass storage device, so it will happily
plug'n'play on Windows and Linux.

Steve W.