[Sussex] [OT] Running a server from home

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Sat Jan 21 14:56:15 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 02:18:13AM +0000, Nic Ferrier wrote:
> "Rob Malpass" <rob at malpass133.fsnet.co.uk> writes:
> > 3) I need to register a domain name and have that domain name point
> > at my server.
> You can register a domain with nominet and run your own domain name
> (DNS) servers.

Nominet will charge you more in general than a member of Nominet though
[0] so you are probably better off talking to one of them, than Nominet
directly.

Many will include DNS hosting with the registration.

Simon.

[0] Disclaimer: I run an ISP that is a member of Nominet so take this
    advice with as much salt as you like :)

--
        Black Cat Networks        -(   - You have saved our lives.  We   )-
UK domain, email and web hosting  -(       are eternally grateful.       )-