[Sussex] thinkmap

John Crowhurst info at johnscomputersupport.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 13:22:18 UTC 2009

On Mon, November 30, 2009 12:47, Dennis Dryden wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM, John Crowhurst
> <info at johnscomputersupport.co.uk> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My sister does a lot of driving for her work. She works as an NVQ
>> assessor
>> so she has to expense all the mileage to her employer.
>>
>> I suggested that she store all her distances in a spreadsheet but it
>> would
>> be nice to have a clickable thingy like ThinkMap so she can easily click
>> and find out the distance from A to B or A to C or even B to C.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> Hello,
> Googlemaps will do the distances for her, just right click on the
> start point and select "From Here" then right click the end point and
> click "To Here". This will give her the best route as well if she
> wants to plan her day while calculating the distances.

Google maps is just as good as the AA maps she currently uses, but since
she has a lot of people she needs to see in different locations, each week
the mileage is different.

A spreadsheet of the different people in respect to their mileage between
each other would be a quick lookup, but if she could bring up something
where she can click on the start point and get the miles to the next
location, or for the entire day's travel via the waypoints.

I might just knock something together in mysql that she can choose a
dropdown of candidates and have it tally the total mileage as she goes.

--
John Crowhurst
John's Computer Support