[SWLUG] Linux Awareness Day - Saturday 17th May

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 22:36:13 UTC 2003

hey phil,
i've been looking at waivers for folk to sign, how do people feel about a
version of the following:
http://www.vlug.org/ifht/waiver.html
it would need extra hardware categories,
plus if folk bring their hardware will it be easy to transport to the room and
easy/secure to store while waiting for an install?
what about the scenario where too many people turn up for an install? take
names and numbers as people arrive to facilitate 'first come first served'?
it would be good to agree beforehand on the max numbers of installs to commit
to (based on volunteers there) even if folk leave with their hardware,
i realise that this might seem like negative comments but think how optimistic
i'm being about interest!

oh and i'll definitely be there :)
(yet to confirm helping to set up night before - will we be doing that?)

i will have one of my winxp boxes with a half empty hard drive to demonstrate
a dual boot install/winxp comparison, this has a cdburner in, plus i have 15
inch monitor, i will need transport though as i am currently without a car
and my cycling rucksac isn't up to the job! i also have spare 4 port hub, a
few cast off lengths of cat5,

can i suggest that at least somewhere we acknowledge that linux is short for
gnu/linux just to forestall that whole 'linux is just a kernel' thing :)

bascule

--
"I thought jet planes were just trucks with more wings and less wheels."
(Wings)