[SWLUG] (no subject)

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 15 21:15:21 UTC 2003

  What mailer are you using? It's possible to fix this, but the
  instructions vary with the mailer.

I sometimes use Yahoo webmail and sometimes use a bogus account via IE as I am right now.

  > 2. RAM on my Linux box: 256MB.
  Good heavens. No problem, then.

Well, I couldn't get less than 256mb when I bought the ram.

  What makes me laugh is that one of the documenters for the
  e-smith server and gateway is the same person who has a set
  of DocBook macros for vim-users.

I'm amazed because the people there all say "but it's you doing something wrong". Since when? My Windows boxes will open each others files (on the drives and folder where sharing is permitted) so I don't understand why SME won't play ball. They had me play with netbuei but that didn't do much except that it made Persius lose Persius from Network Neighbourhood. Zeus didn't magically appear. Looks to me like SME has been poorly designed if I've got to muck about this much. Whatever happened to intuitive design?

  Like Gareth, I have a picture on my website at
  http://www.linux.org.uk/~telsa/ although I think I have
  lost that hat.

I have my picture on my website but you need to know me for long enough before you can see it - but the rule does change for single, available women ;) My main site is www.sageworld.freeserve.co.uk.

  Make sure you have your battery charged up. I don't
  actually remmeber whether there are power points we
  can get to there.

Well, I don't really see much point in bringing my laptop, to be honest. It's not the machine with the problem.

  Someone does a lot of shopping at PC World-related places. Much cheaper
  available usually. Someone told me how nice it was to be able to buy
  100CDs for 25 quid. I then pointed them at somewhere to get them for 12

PC World just happened to be the only place in Swansea that had the bits I wanted. Other places said "we should be having them on x-day" but that always means "not a snowflake's chance and when we've worn you down waiting for it not to appear, you're going to buy what we've got". Hence I chose the cheapest available option. A trip to Cardiff would have driven the price up too high to make the savings worthwhile.

Anybody in the group actually from North Gower - apart from me?

Yours,

Rhys