[SWLUG] Installing RH via NFS

Dick Porter dick at acm.org
Thu May 22 09:23:06 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 08:53, Gareth James Powell wrote:
> maybe I should take the
> advice to install a later OS as suggested (Debian) Is there a reson to prefer Debs on such
> a crufy old laptop say Vs. another newer Linux?

I suggested debian because you can still install the entire base setup
using a handful of floppies.  Any modern dist will do provided the
machine meets the ram and disk requirements (debian's are a lot lower
than, say, red hat's too.)

Oh, and please edit replies.  Top posting and not trimming quotes?
You'd think this was a mailing list for windoze lusers or something...

- Dick