[SWLUG] Re: Discuss digest, Vol 1 #367 - 2 msgs

Rhys Sage rhys_sage at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 20 12:14:34 UTC 2003

> This being the same SME server linux that couldn't
> cope with 2 ethernet
> cards?  The one thats based on Red Hat 6?

Yes. It seems to be restricted to one. It'll tell me
there are two present but only wishes to use one.
Having said that I haven't investigated it thoroughly
- there may be a work around. I'm playing safe and
just using it as a fileserver.

For my needs, I shan't require more than one ethernet
connection as I've decided to sell my laptop. Anyway,
it's £200 and comes with a PCMCIA Ethernet combo card.

There's nothing wrong with it. I find I'm not using it
and I do really need both the money and the space it
takes up.

Anyway, if anybody's interested in the laptop, it's an
IBM 760EL. The memory has been expanded. The charger
is brand new. It comes with a carrying case and a
genuine IBM manual. Currently it's running Windows NT4
Sp6a. I gather Linux drivers are available for it.
It's currently fitted with a 3.5" drive. It's possible
to whip the drive out and put a CD in - I've seen them
on ebay but never seen the need as the ethernet
connection is easier.

Rhys