[SWLUG] Mandrake 10.1 + Media Manager

bascule asura at theexcession.co.uk
Sun Feb 6 13:49:23 UTC 2005

media manager helps you to set up your software sources or repositories, you
can disable certain sources in media manager so that you update only from the
ones you want,
to use urpmi to install a rpm you've downloaded just:
urpmi /path/to/rpm
though reading your question again i think you know this and just wanted to
know if you can install a single downloaded rpm using the gui? specify the
directory where your downloaded file is as a source and urpmi will add its
dependencies to its database, any advantage is i guess, if you have lots of
downloaded rpms and want urpmi to know about them when you install a
particular package
of course, most of this is faster on the command line! :)

bascule

--
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off.
(Small Gods)