[SWLUG] EasyCap stk1160 chipset

Matthew Moore matt at matthewmoore.org.uk
Mon Oct 7 19:53:42 UTC 2013

Folks,

I've got about 20 old skateboarding videos that I'd like to save.  So I
got an EasyCap off ebay in the hope that it wouldn't be too hard to get
working.  In the name of getting it working quickly, I thought I'd give my
windows partition a whirl.  That has been a wonderful failure (the Windows
partition won't boot now!) so I'm wondering if anyone has an EasyCap that
works ok on Linux.  Apparently the ones with stk1160 chips work well
(http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Easycap).

Mine is a utv007 which seems rather scant supportwise.

Other suggestions of USB based VHS capture devices are welcomed.

Cheers,

Matt