[Swlug] SWLUG Talks: Provisionally Saturday 20th September, Founders Hub, Cardiff

Nat Morris nat at nuqe.net
Tue Aug 26 13:41:43 UTC 2014

On 26 August 2014 09:44, Mark Einon <mark.einon at linux.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 02:27:24PM +0100, Mark Einon wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've provisionally booked Founders Hub in central Cardiff for the 20th
>> September for a series of talks.
>>
>> Now we have a location, we need some presentations.
>
> My time next month is slowly getting eaten up by other things, and I've
> had no folks put their hand up to do a talk yet.
>
> So, unless anything happens soon, I'll mothball this event for a few
> months - presumably the holiday season is having a bit of an effect :)

A big nudge for anyone considering talking to get in touch with Mark.

You don't need to have spoken before and the talk doesn't need to
particularly long or in-depth.

Some random ideas:

* git 101
* linux containers / docker
* systemd intro
* owncloud (dropbox / google drive replacement)
* bash oneliners
* hpc cluster mgmt
* openstack intro
* how to compile your own kernel