[Wiltshire] IPV6

Keith Edmunds kae at midnighthax.com
Tue Mar 8 07:46:02 UTC 2011

On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 23:28:03 +0000, dave at thefletchers.net said:

> "Just spoke with the broadband guys in the office and they have both
> informed me that IPV 6 will definitely happen in the next few months

It's been happening for >10 years so far. For a variety of reasons, which
mostly boil down to money, many ISPs seem to be ignoring IPv6, perhaps
hoping it will go away.

At work, we have servers in five data centres, four of which actively
support IPv6 and the last of which promises to have IPv6 connectivity
before the end of March.

I would urge everyone to put pressure on their ISPs to support IPv6
connectivity.